The handmade soaps that I make have ingredients which have known benefits for skin and have been used for skin care since a long time. They are so good for the skin that you can directly use them as massage oils.
Coconut Oil keeps the skin nourished and soft. It also has anti-aging properties and protects the skin from harmful effects of the Sun. Have a look at how many ways you can use coconut oil here
Castor oil has been used for centuries for its anti-bacterial and anti-oxidant properties. It is one of the most widely used ingredients in cosmetics, soaps, massage oils etc. Castor oil is an excellent emollient for the facial skin
Olive Oil is loaded with antioxidants and nutrition. Olive oil can also help repair skin damage from sun exposure, cigarette smoke and pollutants. Using it as a massage oil in winters can keep your skin soft and supple.
Commercial soaps contain so many chemicals; I don’t think any manufacturer will ever recommend putting the ingredients directly on skin 😉
Do we eat just about anything being sold in the market? I bet all of us look at the way the food is prepared, the ingredients, hygiene levels before ordering food. And if its junk food, we steer away quickly.
What we put on our skin requires just as much thought. Skin is the largest organ of our body and to take care of it requires that we keep it clean, balanced and let it breath.
Commercial soaps are like junk food. They have chemicals, fillers and colors added just to make the soap look good, not because those ingredients are good for our skin. These soaps are stripped off the natural glycerin even though it’s one of the best things for skin. This makes the skin dry and scratchy. The same glycerin is then sold back to us to treat the dry skin caused by such harsh soaps.
Swarnkrita Natural soaps have all ingredients chosen for their benefit to the skin, not just to beautify the soap. Natural products like glycerin remain in the soap to benefit the user. Instead of soaps made from synthetic chemicals , I prefer the ones made from natural ingredients.
Soap is even better than makeup, it makes the skin glow from the inside.
Weekends are usually the time when I get to work on Soap batches. Work like researching some new essential oil combination or trying a new recipe, designing packaging etc all get my attention during the weekends. Spent the morning designing and packing the new batch of unscented coffee soap. It has turned out quite good I think, how do you like it?
Unscented soaps are great for you if you find the factory made soaps chemical scents overpowering.
Coffee makes the soap so plush and mild on the skin.
Whenever I get a chance, I try to find nature’s answers to beauty questions. It not only keeps my skin chemical free, but is also healthier and with long lasting benefits. Our grandmothers had such lovely skin without using anything which only targets the 5 signs of ageing ;-).
Such home recipes are closer to nature, chemical free, have no side effects and give better results than the commercial counterparts available.
There are a lot of facemasks products around, both chemical laced as well as natural. I do not even look at the former ones. Among the latter ones, there are some facemasks which are made from different types of mud, others are made from algae or sea weed. In the race to feel exotic, we sometimes skip the ingredients commonly available in our kitchen. Not because they give less-than-great results but probably because they do not have snob value attached to them.
Honey and Turmeric are full of benefits not only for using as food but also for our beauty routines.
Honey has incredible benefits for the skin because of its anti-bacterial properties.
- It can help reduce acne.
- It is also filled with anti oxidants and is great at slowing aging.
- You can use it as a general face mask or as spot treatment for acne scars or under eye bags. Just dab lightly over damp skin and let it sit for 15-20 minutes.
- It helps unclog pores and makes the skin feel soft and supple.
- You can also use it as to exfoliate by mixing it with coffee grounds or coarse oatmeal.
Just like honey, Turmeric has been used for skincare for centuries in India.
- Its anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory nature makes it especially useful for keeping the skin healthy and glowing.
- The idea of haldi ceremony before marriage is essentially to add glow to the skin on the wedding day.
- Turmeric helps remove discoloration and pigmentation to give evenness and glow to the face.
- Coupled with honey or yogurt or both, it makes an excellent facemask to keep the skin healthy.
Just trying a new packing for this batch of Lavender and Ylang Ylang Soap. I think it has turned out to be quite good as compared to the old one on the left. What do you think?.
With amazing benefits of pure oils like Castor Oil, Coconut Oil and plus points of Lavender essential oil and Ylang Ylang essential oil, this hand made soap is really smelling awesome and soft on the skin.
Check out this unscented coffee soap batch that I just made. Now it is off to sleep for four weeks so that it turns into a mild soap which leaves the skin soft and naturally moisturized. Awesomeness of Castor Oil, Coconut Oil and Rice bran oil too in this cold process soap.
Leave the chemicals aside and let the natural beauty come out.
A charming woman doesn’t follow the crowd.
She is herself!
Today is ours and so is every other day.
Stay Natural. Stay Beautiful.
Turn your bath into a Spa experience with this hand crafted bar of soap. This Soap bar is made from pure oils of Castor, Coconut, Rice Bran and with an exotic mix of essential oils of Basil, Lime and Orange.
Made using Cold Process method means this bar is very mild and amazing for the skin. It is aged for four weeks to ensure you get a great bar with richness and goodness of the oils locked in.
Castor oil is used to Super-fat this bar and makes the skin supple and soft.
The essential oils of Basil, Lime and Orange add a heady and exotic fragrance to the soap. It is uplifting and turns the bath into a spa experience.
Basil Essential Oil is an astringent and has a relaxing effect.
Lime Essential Oil is refreshing and Stimulating. It is great for the summer weather ahead and is anti-bacterial as well.
Orange Essential Oil uplifts the mood and is energizing.
Dont take my word for it, experience it yourself 🙂
Coconut oil is really good for the skin. There are so many ways in which one can use coconut oil besides the good old champi of the head.
- Use it as a Moisturizer during the dry winter months.
- Massage with coconut oil is great not only for relaxing but also gives great benefits to the skin.
- Soften your heels or elbow skin with a gentle rub of coconut oil just before retiring to bed and see its benefits in just a few days.
- Chapped lips, don’t worry, warm 1-2 drops of coconut oil on your palm and gently dab your lips. No need to reach for that petroleum based jelly which blocks the pores and does more harm than good.
- The champi or head massage with warm coconut oil will take you to heaven. Make your worries fly away with a head massage from a loved one.
- You can remove those layers of makeup by dabbing coconut oil with a cotton swab and rinsing with lukewarm water.
- Coconut oil makes your skin soft and supple. Use it under your eyes to help repair your skin naturally.
With so many benefits associated with coconut oil, no wonder many people consider it to be an elixir for your skin.
Make it part of your beauty regime, Stay natural, Stay beautiful.