Weekends are usually the time when I get to work on Soap batches. Work like researching some new essential oil combination or trying a new recipe, designing packaging etc all get my attention during the weekends. Spent the morning designing and packing the new batch of unscented coffee soap. It has turned out quite good I think, how do you like it?
Unscented soaps are great for you if you find the factory made soaps chemical scents overpowering.
Coffee makes the soap so plush and mild on the skin.
Whenever I get a chance, I try to find nature’s answers to beauty questions. It not only keeps my skin chemical free, but is also healthier and with long lasting benefits. Our grandmothers had such lovely skin without using anything which only targets the 5 signs of ageing ;-).
Such home recipes are closer to nature, chemical free, have no side effects and give better results than the commercial counterparts available.
There are a lot of facemasks products around, both chemical laced as well as natural. I do not even look at the former ones. Among the latter ones, there are some facemasks which are made from different types of mud, others are made from algae or sea weed. In the race to feel exotic, we sometimes skip the ingredients commonly available in our kitchen. Not because they give less-than-great results but probably because they do not have snob value attached to them.
Honey and Turmeric are full of benefits not only for using as food but also for our beauty routines.
Honey has incredible benefits for the skin because of its anti-bacterial properties.
- It can help reduce acne.
- It is also filled with anti oxidants and is great at slowing aging.
- You can use it as a general face mask or as spot treatment for acne scars or under eye bags. Just dab lightly over damp skin and let it sit for 15-20 minutes.
- It helps unclog pores and makes the skin feel soft and supple.
- You can also use it as to exfoliate by mixing it with coffee grounds or coarse oatmeal.
Just like honey, Turmeric has been used for skincare for centuries in India.
- Its anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory nature makes it especially useful for keeping the skin healthy and glowing.
- The idea of haldi ceremony before marriage is essentially to add glow to the skin on the wedding day.
- Turmeric helps remove discoloration and pigmentation to give evenness and glow to the face.
- Coupled with honey or yogurt or both, it makes an excellent facemask to keep the skin healthy.
Check out this unscented coffee soap batch that I just made. Now it is off to sleep for four weeks so that it turns into a mild soap which leaves the skin soft and naturally moisturized. Awesomeness of Castor Oil, Coconut Oil and Rice bran oil too in this cold process soap.
Leave the chemicals aside and let the natural beauty come out.
Turn your bath into a Spa experience with this hand crafted bar of soap. This Soap bar is made from pure oils of Castor, Coconut, Rice Bran and with an exotic mix of essential oils of Basil, Lime and Orange.
Made using Cold Process method means this bar is very mild and amazing for the skin. It is aged for four weeks to ensure you get a great bar with richness and goodness of the oils locked in.
Castor oil is used to Super-fat this bar and makes the skin supple and soft.
The essential oils of Basil, Lime and Orange add a heady and exotic fragrance to the soap. It is uplifting and turns the bath into a spa experience.
Basil Essential Oil is an astringent and has a relaxing effect.
Lime Essential Oil is refreshing and Stimulating. It is great for the summer weather ahead and is anti-bacterial as well.
Orange Essential Oil uplifts the mood and is energizing.
Dont take my word for it, experience it yourself 🙂
Coconut oil is really good for the skin. There are so many ways in which one can use coconut oil besides the good old champi of the head.
- Use it as a Moisturizer during the dry winter months.
- Massage with coconut oil is great not only for relaxing but also gives great benefits to the skin.
- Soften your heels or elbow skin with a gentle rub of coconut oil just before retiring to bed and see its benefits in just a few days.
- Chapped lips, don’t worry, warm 1-2 drops of coconut oil on your palm and gently dab your lips. No need to reach for that petroleum based jelly which blocks the pores and does more harm than good.
- The champi or head massage with warm coconut oil will take you to heaven. Make your worries fly away with a head massage from a loved one.
- You can remove those layers of makeup by dabbing coconut oil with a cotton swab and rinsing with lukewarm water.
- Coconut oil makes your skin soft and supple. Use it under your eyes to help repair your skin naturally.
With so many benefits associated with coconut oil, no wonder many people consider it to be an elixir for your skin.
Make it part of your beauty regime, Stay natural, Stay beautiful.
With essential oils of Basil , Lime and Orange , this lovely hand made natural soap gives am amazing start to the day. #skincare #naturalskincare #organic #vegan #skin #coldprocesssoap #cosmetics #beautyproducts #indian #natural #dryskin #loveyourskin #shower #soap #handcrafted #makeup #awesome #healthy #swarnkrita #bloggers
Bad hair days can ruin the best of moments. But why do they occur?
The hair shaft or the outer covering of the hair is made up of lots of tightly packed overlapping scales, much like the way shown in the shampoo ads. Our scalp produces oil called sebum which coats the hair and helps keep these scales aligned as well as protect our hair.
When this oil balance is disturbed, the scales on the hair open and the hair swell, causing frizzy, brittle hair.
This imbalance can occur due to use of shampoos or caused by improper diet or stress. This is also a cause of hair breakage and hair loss.
Apple Cider Vinegar helps restore the natural acidity of the hair in the most natural way.
Apple cider vinegar is also anti-inflammatory, which can counteract the skin inflammation that typically occurs with dandruff and a dry, flaky scalp.
Apples are loaded with potassium, calcium and pectin, and fermentation adds even more beneficial enzymes. Unfiltered apple cider vinegar is packed with all of these nutrients, so you can prefer it over filtered apple cider vinegar.
1 tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar in about 1 cup of water.
After shampoo, rinse your hair with this mix.
Let it sit for 1-2 minutes,
Rinse with water.
Don’t worry, as your hair dry, the vinegar odor goes away too, leaving you with shiny, clean hair.
Just leave a plastic mug/cup with the bottle of Apple Cider Vinegar in the washroom. Wash your hair first, followed by the Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse. Let it sit in the hair for the rest of the bath. Rinse your hair as part of the shower itself.
Let me know what natural things you use to prevent bad hair days.
Spent time today making a fabulous batch of Frankincense soap. Also added some fresh ground cinnamon to it. The result is this beautiful loaf of soap. Have a look at some pics of the making and cutting. Now the soap is sitting pretty and curing for atleast 3-4 weeks before it is ready to ship. Do let me know if you want to reserve some for yourself!!!
And keep watching this space for more info.
Stay Natural, Stay Beautiful .